Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A cunning plan

    I've been of two minds for a year or more about the car situation. The problems are many. For one thing, I really like my now 20 year old car, but it's hideous. Also, it would be better if I drove a car with better head and leg room because Dad is so tall. So I have dithered and dithered and meanwhile the old car has accumulated more and more miles and thus needs more and more work. I keep putting it off (as it's preventative maintenance rather than anything leading to imminent danger), thinking I'm probably about to trade it in anyway.
    The vehicle I most want to buy is a Scion XB. They are little, itty and bitty, yet have astonishing head and leg room. But the only useful test drive is to take Dad to dialysis in it and I'm not sure that Toyota/Scion would really be enthusiastic about a test drive for that purpose. Although I'm sure it could be arranged, I thought of a better plan. I could lease the Scion for a month. If after a week, I find we love it, I could go ahead and buy it. If not, I could get the repairs done on the Camry, but with no "gotta get it done immediately! I gotta take my Dad to dialysis tomorrow!" pressure. I know nothing about car leasing except that it's usually over a longer term, but it's worth investigating. Anyway, I like this plan!
    I am writing this on Tuesday, but the phone (and thus its WiFI hotspot) is being very disagreeable. So it may not appear on Tuesday. But I didn't skip a day!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment