Monday, March 10, 2014

And then we never heard from Steve again...

    I was so enthusiastic about the new Timmerman/ 12,000 Year Park trail that I blithered about it at length in the Drinking Liberally weekly email. To my surprise, I got a call a couple hours later from my friend Steve who said that he and his daughter were there and he couldn't see any difference. So I told him how to find the new bridge and what's best to do on the other side and apologized that the best parts were such a long way away. I felt like a hiking author again! It was great. But I sure hope it doesn't turn out like that lady who bought my hiking book and is still on the trails of Table Rock State Park somewhere. (JOKE! JOKE! Really!)
    Dad had a cardiologist appointment today, except when we got there we found that they had canceled it. It didn't bother me any; he's the one who gets winded walking ten steps. I suggested that so he wouldn't have this happen again, he might want to call and verify that his appointment is still happening. Too many doctors use robots to call you to tell you that your appointment has been canceled; this doesn't work too well for hearing-impaired nonagenarians.
    Oh, and I had the silliest dream ever last night! It's good that I had other stuff to blog about, because I only remember a very little. My brother Bill needed his car repaired, including getting leopardskin seats. He needed me to give him a ride to pick it up. But they said it would be at an address that should be in my neighborhood. But they also gave five numbers, which I put into my roughly football-shaped device (I kept having to look at the screen on back to make sure I was putting them in right) and it said that the car would be in Abercorn, British Columbia, which in the dream was a tropical island in the Pacific. So I drove him there. Couldn't have taken more than an hour! Even in my sleep, I thought it was pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment