Sunday, March 23, 2014

Google, Bing Fu improving

    I continue very enthusiastic about the new trail across the river in Cayce. My friend Steve asked me if there was a map, and I found one! http://www.scana.com/NR/rdonlyres/F62FA7DC-743D-4F04-ABB1-88BE9E47589D/0/Walking_Trail_Map312thousandyearparkphoto.pdf It clarifies the name situation a bit; let's see if I can follow along. There is a trail on SCANA Corporation land (that's the local power company, for folks not from around here) called the Timmerman Trail. It's been there at least a year. I had thought that it was being extended, but no! The new trail segments are an extension of the Cayce Riverwalk (part of the Three Rivers Greenway, which is how it's labeled on the PDF). And the 12,000 Year Park, still in the future, but the land has been cleared for the Visitors Center at least. Whether it will have its own additional trails is unclear from the map.
    The entire project is part of something called Otarre Pointe. I'm not sure who Otarre is or was, nor where there might be a point. But that silent e on the end makes me crazy. Unless ballet shoes are somehow involved, I'm pretty sure there isn't any, uh, point. But I'll try to overlook it if they build me a nice park.

No comments:

Post a Comment