Thursday, March 6, 2014

Dreams are just anachronistic

    Or so it seems. I have a lot of dreams featuring my mother, now gone these 10 1/2 years. And now I have a slew (that can't be right, can it? Apparently it is) of dreams that involve playing computer games. Although I still play computer games, sort of, these dream ones are the kind with graphics and plot, the kind I quit trying to find years ago. Of course, being dreams, they also turn into movies and then real life.
    An interwoven plot that seems to have been in my dreams forever is trying to find road food. I'm looking for a chain, sort of a cross between Stuckey's and Waffle House, except good. And looking. And looking. Every one I find has just closed, it seems like. It's a place I always loved and long for; the reader can probably guess that there is no such road food chain in real life.
    My dream night before last was so food-centered that I finally said "heck with it" and just woke up. There was also a video game, with picture in picture movies featuring Will Ferrell and Steve Carell (whose names should rhyme, but don't). Then my assignment in the game was to go to some diner-type restaurant, except outdoors (did I mention that this is a dream?) with all my friends (did I mention that this is a dream?) and fill all the tables just to be pests. The fifty-something waitress was fairly annoyed, but eventually revealed that they had a curry special that I could eat. Hell, I'm even gluten-free in my sleep. This all followed on a great deal of the trying unsuccessfully to find Stuckle House locations.
    Last night's dream was less food and video game oriented, but still odd. The vivid part was losing a frisbee down a sewer and dangling down to find it. Although I found it easily, I also saw a skeleton of a monkey also dangling. Even in my sleep, I thought, "How the hell did that get there?"
    The rest of the dream involved arranging a train trip up the Eastern seaboard, which for some reason involved another train trip within a train trip. I was trying to get a young lady to accept the ticket within a ticket for a trip that she needed to take. As usual with my dreams, it was unclear whether this was supposed to be a real person or someone wholly imaginary. I've GOT to start annotating in my sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment