Thursday, March 13, 2014

Yes, I'd like to report a non-break-in and non-theft

    Last night was very very very windy. So much so, that I could almost imagine somebody taking refuge in my car. However, whether it was to hide from the wind or for more nefarious purposes, somebody definitely was in my car last night, and relaxed about letting me know about it. They tossed my tapes and sunglasses around, but didn't hurt anything nor as far as I can tell did they steal anything.
    You may be wondering how they got in, or if you read the subject line, you may be wondering why my car was unlocked. Unfortunately, when a car gets up in years, the keys start working less well. My car, at 20, is often loath to let me, its legal and registered owner, in, especially when the weather is a little cooler. We should be on our last cold snap of the year (knock on wood!) so door locking will be recommencing approximately tomorrow.
    Somehow I just can't feel all hot and bothered about this. Even if they had found the two or three million dollars I keep in the trunk (hidden behind the bodies, of course), I would have just chalked it up to me being stupid rather than worrying about my dangerous neighborhood. Now if they had taken my cassette of "Flood" by They Might Be Giants or "March" by Michael Penn, that would be another thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment