Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Even less

    Now I think I'm trying to set some kind of record for least important blog entry. But seriously, I thought it was interesting. Also it's something I never noticed in all these very many years.
    For decades, I've understood that if a trucker signals that he wants to change lanes to get in front of you, you flash your headlights to signal that that's OK. But in all these years, I never noticed the countersign, until yesterday when it happened twice. I think it must have been the brake lights, although regular tail lights would make more sense. If he flipped his lights on and off just as I had done, the tail lights would flash as well, which is a lot safer. But it looked more like brake lights, as if he tapped the brake just enough to engage them but not enough to do any braking. Obviously I don't know enough about trucks to tell brake lights from tail lights with any major confidence. Anyway, I just thought it was interesting, per se, and as I say, that it took me all that long to notice.
    Drinking Liberally peoples, such as we are, echoed my feeling that the new cookies are OK, but not awe-inspiring. Raisins, walnuts and cinnamon may be called for. Or maybe more honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment