Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Waiting on cookies, verdict

    As I mentioned the other day, I made dang-near perfect cookies that I can't eat due to caffeine intolerance. Mind you, I could just go back on the sweet tea at every meal diet and get my tolerance back, but I've sort of started enjoying being able to sleep at night. So I'm making a new batch using the old, lower cocoa quantity (a teaspoon per batch). And hoping they turn out nearly as good.
    In the meantime, I got nothin'. I mean, not Pelican Snowballs nothin', but as nothinish as you can get. Here are some odd driving anecdotes. Oh dang it; forgot one. OK, I got half of nothin'; here's one driving anecdote. If it had happened to you, you probably would find most other things driven out of your head, too. I was driving along on busy six-lane Garners Ferry Road. There's a seventh lane in the middle, a left-turn lane for both directions. There was somebody in it coming from the other direction, wishing (one assumes) to turn left. And behind him was somebody who REALLY wanted to turn left farther along. So he pulled into my lane, where I was barreling toward him at 50 mph. He got around the other vehicle no problem, but it was more than a little alarming. And I mention it as an absolutely new horizon in moronitude.
    PS: The cookies are pleasant, but unlikely to lead to my first billion. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment