Friday, March 28, 2014

More thrift store blithering

    I'm grumpissimo today, so bear with me; I'll try to behave.
    Latest all-cotton shirts purchased from Goodwill rumpled up pretty good after washing, defeating my brilliant strategy. That was to buy used cotton clothing figuring that that way I would find up how it holds up after washing. The shortcoming in this strategy is that apparently not everything in Goodwill is used. (I mean, I know the stuff that still has the original tags from the original store is new, but apparently other stuff is new, too.) Either that, or some nut was getting their flannel shirts professionally laundered.
    So I figure I'll just keep buying shirts until I find more that will machine-wash and come out relatively unrumpled. I would think it's a fool's errand if I hadn't already found a few. Perhaps I should just save time and effort, declare those a miracle, and just order from J. Crew like the '80sist I am. Anyway, I'm still finding interesting stuff at the thrifts, so as long as that goes on or until I get bored, I think I'll carry on.
    One thought I had was how to profit from the weird concentration of good big & tall men's clothing at thrifts. I should go around to a vintage store, see if they already have a B&T section, and whether they do or not, see if they're interested in lots of that kind of merchandise. Because what's really frustrating about shopping in thrifts is finding all this great stuff, especially on clearance racks, that I can't possibly wear. If I could resell it at a profit, though, hunting through all that stuff would suddenly be a lot more fun, or anyway interesting and profitable. A thought, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment