Tuesday, November 3, 2015

All I want to talk about is lentils, man

    But it isn't lentils, really. I go on and on about how dumb I am and how obtuse at grasping the very, very, very obvious, but usually I'm mostly kidding. However, it's a matter of awe to me that I couldn't figure out the simple concept of flavoring everything. If you're going to eat mostly rice, beans and steamed vegetables, rather than just flavor the chicken or beef or whatever you're mixing in with the rice, beans and vegetables, how much smarter is it to spice up the other three, that make up the bulk of the dish? How could I not figure this out before. No matter, I've got it figured out now. It may be time finally to reopen the test kitchen!
    As to lentils, I made the same thing I made the other day which turned out so well but this time added a little (flavored) brown rice. The during taste was less wonderful but the aftertaste was outstanding. I think I could be said to be a fan of cloves. And I think lentils carry flavors better than other, uh, I think they're legumes. Basically, I'm making a dal (dahl) that could pass for hummus. I'm about ready to live on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment