Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Checks

    Lately I can't write checks. I already mentioned writing very large ones where I wrote the numbers-in-words line wrong (apparently). More recently, I wrote the checks fine; I just sent the rent check to T-Mobile and the T-Mobile check to my landlord. The latter came around to let me know, so I give him a correct check. I called T-Mobile and the robot said that they had received my check for (amount of rent). Now maybe they just process checks by putting them through an electronic reader that gets the routing number and account number and then they just type in the amount. If so, that's OK. But if they do it at all the old-fashioned way, the bank will not be best-pleased. Therefore, I called this morning, spoke to an actual human, read off my routing and account number, and paid the actual amount due. If I wind up way ahead, I can live with it. I was also glad that I had followed Dad's procedure of paying a week in advance; the second payment wasn't even late!
    So while this is a happy ending, I'm starting to worry about my brain function. I hope it's just a matter of cat dander allergies acting up due to not vacuuming often enough (due to all this damned rain keeping both kitties inside, and I figure vacuuming with both in would incite a riot). I did vacuum today, so hopefully I start thinking clearer. Ly. Er. Early onset dementia is not really something I had planned on, and would rather not. Maybe it'll cause me to speed up setting up online bill paying at least. That would probably be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment