Thursday, November 12, 2015

Ollie's Ollie's Ollie's

    The last time it happened I wasn't too upset and this time I'm not either. Ollie's is a discount outlet like Big Lots/Odd Lots. They send out an advertising circular on Tuesdays which says that the items in the ad will be in the store no later than Thursday morning. Implied but not stated is that they likely will be in the store before Thursday and already gone by then.
    Twice now they've had a camera quad copter for $60; the picture looked a lot like my Syma X5C but the brand name looked suspiciously unfamiliar. The first time, I missed the Thursday part, went out on Tuesday, found nothing, looked at the circular again, went out on Friday and was told they were sold out. This time, though, I was there at 9 sharp, opening time, this morning. Sold out already. I must confess to being more than a little relieved, as I'm pretty sure these are the ones with the really REALLY bad reviews on Amazon. I was hoping both times though that they would turn out to be the styrofoam ones (the ones with the really really REALLY bad reviews) just for comedy purposes. Ah well. Maybe next time I'll phone on Wednesday afternoon.
    Also in the circular and the real reason I went was a cat toy AS SEEN ON TV that every cat will play with. And I tell you what: they dug the heck out of it for an hour or so. It's called Cat's Meow. It's a disc with a wand sticking out. The wand goes around and around, back and forth, pretty much randomly. It's under a cloth skirt so it's both somewhat hidden and it makes cool mousy type noises on the fabric. Both cats were fascinated, although the appeal waxed and waned. Once they found out that they could catch the wand, they were a bit less captivated. It cost $8, though the three C batteries cost nearly that much. But hey-- kitties having a good time is worth anything, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment