Thursday, November 5, 2015

Chucks

    Are there no more Chucks in the world? What has happened to the Chucks, and who is responsible? I'm thinking Chuck Norris. Maybe it's the Internet Chuck Norris = Superman type jokes, but I think he was the last of the Chucks. When I was a lad, the land was awash in Chucks. From Chuck Howley to Chuck Taylor, from Chuck Noll to Chuck Tanner (not far; that's what started this: did a couple of Chucks really make Pittsburgh the City of Champions?). Chuck Daly, Chuck Connors. You'd think there'd be a quarterback Chuck, but I can only think of baseball and basketball Chucks (apart from Howley).
    Google does refresh my memory about a current Chuck, as well as confirms that the Chuck quarterbacks were pretty obscure. The current one is coach Pagano; maybe THERE'S your problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment