Saturday, November 21, 2015

Still dumb

    This would be a longer entry, but Downtown U. managed to lose a football game to The Citadel. Wherever you live, just think about the biggest college losing to one of the littlest colleges. At home. Frustrating. So one-word sentences may predominate.
    The new dumb thing is dumb indeed, but I can't make myself feel bad about it. For years now, I've kept the laundry detergent on top of the washer-dryer. This seemed reasonable, or anyway not crazy. Today I ran out of detergent and noticed this brown crud on the bottom of the bottle. So I checked the top of the dryer. The brown crud looked like rust, but smelled like bad fish. So the message is this: don't leave your laundry detergent on top of a non-enameled metal surface. Ew! Anyway, I wiped off as much of the gick as I could, then wiped it down with a wet paper towel with bleach on it. So hopefully whatever germs were up there have been killed. Why laundry detergent would feed germs I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment