Sunday, November 29, 2015

Toy isn't well either

    My cold is getting better. My drone is not so well. Mainly, the Krazy Glue repairs have failed utterly. The blade guards are flying around instead of the drone itself; they get in the way of the blades and the motors shut down. So I'll have to follow the advice of my online friends and remove the blade guards. Considering my proclivity for crashes, one expects that the life expectancy of Toy can be measured in minutes. I will check in a hobby store for spare parts; it's likely to rain for the next several days so flying is not too likely too soon.
    I got to see my friend Walt for the first time in ages. I also demonstrated the drone for him, such as it is. It mainly hovered near the ground and fell over a lot, but did get off the ground well and truly once and did ok one or two other times. This is highly reminiscent of the previous drone, which seemed to get moods and then get over them for no apparent reason. Gremlins maybe. Walt lost his house in the flood but is holding up pretty well so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment