Friday, November 6, 2015

Sun break

    My friend Terry, the famous Irish president-greeter, told me that Seattle offices will shut down and take sun breaks when the sun actually comes out during cloudy seasons. Perhaps he was winding up. Lately, though, I could easily believe it. Today, I was in no mood for more effing clouds and rain. Right from the first. I woke up from the daylight in spite of my sleep mask, so I was absolutely sure it must be brilliantly sunny outside. But no! Furthest thing in fact.
    I wish I could call it the result of superior planning, but it was just the result of farting around all day. However, when I finally went out to take my walk, I was shocked, even bewildered, that the sun was out. Sort of. Enough. So I announced it on Facebook. And people actually ran out and took pictures. And dug my picture. This is an indication of how much it's been raining lately.
    On the whole, I feel a little robbed. Normally, November in Columbia is crazy sunny and beautiful. Cool, but still with flowers. Chamber of Commerce type weather. That's been in short supply lately. Any day, they'll be changing the tourism slogan from Famously Hot to Famously Wet. It'll be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment