Sunday, October 6, 2013

Better still

    Last night, I had no fever and slept straight through. A little longer than I had planned to in fact, since I had somehow disabled my wristwatch alarm. But heck, I needed the rest and I didn't need to get up early on Sunday morning anyway.
    Of course, there's no way to know in hindsight whether I would have had fever if I hadn't taken my two Tylenols. I'll probably take them again tonight, and then give them up. So I guess I'll find out in a couple of days that they helped if I have fever and chills again. Obviously, I'm hoping that it stays a mystery.
    Urgent Care told me to come back today and get another antibiotic injection. I slipped on short pants in hopes of not having to wear a hospital gown again and hied along on my way. I saw a different doctor this time. He felt that my wound was obviously healing and waived the second injection. He did make sure that I have the full ten-days oral antibiotics course (they only had a 14-pill bottle on my first visit), so he at least knew what he was doing.
    The prescription he gave me for the rest of the pills said that he was supervised by another doctor, which was odd since he was or at least looked older than me. I don't know if he lost his license and is working his way back or if he went to med school in his 50s. The guy who was with him couldn't even figure out how to work the lights, so didn't strike me as either a doctor or a supervisor. As I say, odd.
    Upshot though is that I'm almost all better. The infection spot still looks awful and inflamed, but is barely swollen anymore nor is it actually hot to the touch. I think the only discomfort I have left is from the antibiotics or the Tylenol making me slightly nauseous. I think I can live with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment