Thursday, October 3, 2013

Water heater

    The water heater, or as we call it at these geographical coordinates, the hot water heater, has failed. Some time ago, perhaps not this year but probably during the bloggery era, the same thing happened. I don't know if it was tedious enough for me to blog about it, though.:) First, the hot water became less hot for a period of weeks. Then it became steamingly, scaldingly hot. Then it just went altogether cold. So when the first two items in the sequence happened again (scalding part was yesterday), I asked the landlady to send a repairman. The electrician, however, said that he couldn't come out until the heater stopped heating altogether.
    I'm maybe a little peeved. Yesterday, my decks were altogether clear. If he would have just taken my word for it that the EXACT same thing was happening again, I'd be all up and running again. Today is a dialysis day, so I'm only home for a couple-three hours. The odds that the electrician will be able to come around during that window are slim, especially since he hasn't called back. Of course, in general, with my totally non-busy lifestyle, it should be no problem to wait until tomorrow, but I really wanted to devote tomorrow to getting new tires and shocks and maybe a tuneup. So pisseroony. I am grateful, however, that I don't have any REAL problems.
    New booties are so far working out. There is some broky foot sensation, but no pins and needles. Knock on wood. The cocoa butter macaroons (day before yesterday's blog entry) didn't go over as well as I expected. I really thought they were outstanding; Drinking Liberally consensus was that it wasn't one of my better efforts. Do you think I'm starting to develop weird tastes? The very idea!

Edit: Hey, he's here! Consider me unpeeved!

No comments:

Post a Comment