Monday, October 21, 2013

Poison. Deadly poison.

    Traditionally, I try to fake people out when my cooking is good by telling them it's awful, horrid or disgusting, and/or I apologize profusely for same. The latest muffin creation, the one with cocoa butter and coconut, is so good however that I had to go on right past these mild approaches. I labeled the bag, "Poison. Deadly poison." Truth to tell, this second batch isn't quite as overwhelmingly excellent as the first one, possibly because I used almonds instead of pecans and the almonds were maybe a little past their prime. But they're still dang good.
    A stranger thing: I've been making these things for years now. (You can find the basic recipe by googling the name of this blog and add "heaven one bite at a time.") For ages, I would put the puffed brown rice in a bag and pound on it, with the idea that I would produce a little flour. Finally and only very recently, I decided that the very little bit of flour produced couldn't possibly make a difference in the final product, so I quit bothering with this step. Since then, I can't get all my ingredients in the muffin cups. So I guess all that pounding did something. Anyway, I'll try pounding again next time and see if my muffins start fitting again. It's possibly of course that I used regular muffin cup liners instead of mini-muffin liners all this time, and just now have switched to the minis. But I don't think so. Anyway, these are the life-and-death issues that rule my life. I know; must be nice not having real problems.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to one of your " tasty tweats" (Bob Dylan) tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete