Wednesday, October 2, 2013

New booties

    This won't take long, either. There's an establishment on Main St. called Mast General Store. It's a small chain from the mountains of North Carolina; I had previously encountered them in Asheville and Greenville. Until recently, I had just thought of it as a good place to get old timey candy. Because Asheville at least is much more tourist-oriented than Columbia will ever be, I always thought of it as basically a place for rooking tourists. But a few months ago when I was desperate for decent Ragg socks, I found that they had much better than decent ones for a very good price.
    Now I've found that they have very very nice boots, for an extremely good price. That's just because it was a clearance sale, but still. So I got a pair of new Keens for $69 including tax. They are dang ugly, but both waterproof and machine-washable (which somehow seems mutually exclusive, but what do I know). So far, so good. My broky foot seems to be responding well; weird pins and needles have stayed away from my left leg thus far. It occurs to me that I could have solved the problem simply by buying my Dr. Scholl's orthotic insoles once a month, or whenever my foot started acting up. If the Keens don't work out, that will be my next semi-brilliant move. Anyway, they're cheap and comfy, so at least I feel optimistic that they may work well.

No comments:

Post a Comment