Sunday, October 20, 2013

You'd think there'd been a shutdown

    Since the gubmint reopened, crowds at Congaree National Park have been much greater than I've seen in years. Of course, summer just ended and mosquito season just ended, so there would probably be better turnout than there had been all summer regardless. And although low water levels make for little in the way of scenic vistas, the hiking is much better and easier; apparently I'm not the only one to appreciate this. I ran into more people out on the trails than... practically ever. But it was a great day and a wondrous hike. And my new Keen boots coupled with my old Dr. Scholl's orthotics seem on the way to fixing my feet and back. So yay across the board.
    I fell asleep on the Bosox-Tigers baseball game, so I put on sports radio to find out the result and fell asleep on that, too. Perhaps for this reason I dreamed that because they did well in their series, the Dodgers were going to the World Series, too. It would be a round-robin affair. Well I thought it was funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment