Saturday, October 26, 2013

Ready for our closeups

    My friend Paul got an iPhone somewhere around a year ago. I got a Windows phone earlier this year. We both like the cameras on our phones except for one little thing: we couldn't shoot little things. We didn't know how to zoom. We thought that we couldn't zoom. It made us sad.
    Last night, Paul told me he thought he had figured out how to do closeups with his phone camera. He was mortified that he hadn't figured it out before. He opened the camera app, put his hand on the screen and, uh, ungrabbed. Balled up his hand, touched the screen and flexed his fingers outwards while still touching the screen. I'm sure that could be better phrased. I'm sure if we had read the effing manuals, we would find it better phrased there. Oh, I tipped the end of the story, didn't I? So I got my phone out, turned on the camera, did exactly the same thing, with exactly the same effect. Bingavast! (One gets so few opportunities to say "Bingavast!") Zoom!
    So now, instead of boring my Facebook friends stupid with pictures from far far away or by manufacturing closeups via cropping, I can bore them stupid with actual closeups. Let's get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment