Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Fiascoes that work out = still my favorite

    As I mentioned yesterday, I made some muffins with much too much too much cocoa butter in them. Or so I thought. It turned out that 6 fluid ounces of cocoa butter (or 2 oz. in weight) coupled with 4 fl. oz. of honey pretty much makes white chocolate. And fairly va va voom white chocolate. My muffins turned out crazy good; I told the guys at Drinking Liberally, "why am I giving these to you losers for free?" (They laughed.)
    Dad goes in Friday morning to have the catheter in his chest (for dialysis) removed. Hopefully, this means that the access in his arm will be adequate to handle the full load. As the previous one got clogged (or rather clotted) repeatedly, one could feel more confident. But we follow our orders and hope for the best.
    In less important news, the inflatable mattress bit the dust. I could blame the kitty, but really I was having to pump it up twice a day from the time I bought it. It's just as likely that it was poorly sealed from the beginning and got worse. The kitty, however, is still claiming victory. The return to the too hard memory foam mattress is... painful really. A rethink may be in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment