Saturday, October 5, 2013

Rapid improvement

    All these antibiotics and whatnot have me feeling a lot better already. I did have a lot of chills and fever from 2 to 6 in the morning, but none since then. I've been a little confused because I'm supposed to take Tylenol for fever. The aftercare recommendations from Urgent Care said to take them every 4 hours. The box however said that you take 2 Tylenols at a time but you can only take 6 in 24 hours. So I've finally decided to compromise: one in the morning, one in the afternoon and two at night. But I hadn't figured that out as of bedtime last night, and I only took one when I started getting chills in the night. I suspect that I'll have the problem handled as of tonight, or preferably that there won't be a problem.
    Otherwise, I feel pretty nearly normal. The spot at my thigh representing a pissed-off lymph node (my suspicion, but confirmed by the doctor) is feeling a lot happier. The actual infection spot looks horrible, but the red lines leading away from it representing the infection spreading appear to be gone. As far as I can tell, the fever hasn't affected my brain particularly. I probably wasn't using those brain cells anyway.
    Urgent Care called to follow up today and I asked if I should have gone to the emergency room overnight because of my chills, as a Facebook friend had suggested. The caller put me on hold. For minutes. At lunchtime. I just hung up; they never called back. Maybe she had a fever, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment