Sunday, October 13, 2013

Did NOT miss a day

    T-Mobile missed a day! For whatever reason, I couldn't get online all yesterday evening. For some other reason I can again this morning. Dunno if T-Mobile was down or if I hit another chokepoint on my data plan. Anyway, the following is the blog entry I wrote but couldn't post, complete with my blitherings about my inability to post it. Not going to bother changing it at this point.

(Subject line:) Area code 808
    I just got a call from area code 808. Since this is area code 803, I had an immediate reaction that somebody called the wrong number. So I said so. And he hung up immediately. 808 is Hawai'i, probably not as big a site for boiler room operations than, say, India (or for that matter South Carolina); presumably my guess was correct. Or it was a telemarketer deeply terrified of being told that he had called the wrong number.
    Sorry for the non-entry blog entry. Downtown U. sent their football team out on the road, which is usually a recipe for disaster, and it was. But this time it was disaster for the other team. I'm just sort of awed. I appreciate that nobody out there needs a sports report, but the University of South Carolina beat the University of Arkansas (who usually stomp us) most emphatically, 52-7. Really, "awed" is very much the word!
    Meanwhile, my leg is all better. I know there's a bad spot on my leg because I know there's a bad spot on my leg, but even I (world champion hypochondriac) can barely see it. And only two more days of antibiotics. I know I have to complete the course to avoid creating antibiotic resistant bacteria. But I very much look forward to being done with them.
    When I bought this smart phone, I posted very manic depressively about how much I liked it, disliked it and was bewildered by it. Now I'm even more bewildered by it. Mind you, nobody ever claimed that I could run all my Internet off it. (OK, they did, but still.) The phone is so bad at multi-tasking that I sent a tiny text message, and that knocked me off the Internet. Then I got the wrong number phone call mentioned above, and THAT knocked me off the Internet. Or possibly T-Mobile just sucks something amazing. I haven't been able to get back on the Internet yet; if you're reading this, I have of course, but it's taking eons. (PS: it appears that the problem was a new Flash Player update throwing me off somehow. Go figure.)

No comments:

Post a Comment