Monday, December 7, 2015

Acme!

    So I found a winner at Goodwill, sort of. It's four episodes of The Shadow on two cassettes. It's promoted as episodes never available before, and there's much mention of Orson Welles and Agnes Moorehead on the box. As it turns out, Orson and Agnes are nowhere to be heard and the shows weren't available before because they're in terrible shape. However, what I could hear of them was crazy stupid fun. Also the sponsor was Acme, makers of self-polishing wax. Wile E. Coyote take note. Also, The Shadow has the most annoying laugh up until Fran Drescher, and uses it at the least appropriate times. Heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh!
    At the next Goodwill, I found an expansion pack for Sims 2. The Shadow cassettes, almost impossible to find, were 50 cents. The expansion pack for a 10+ year old game available anywhere was $3. Mind you, I can afford it. But the pricing is irritatingly arbitrary. Less so if I can play the game without a disk in the disk drive, though, but I'm not betting a lot.

Edit: two of the four Shadows did feature Orson and Agnes as it turns out. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment