Sunday, December 6, 2015

As we barrel towards the anniversary

    As we draw closer to the anniversary of Dad's death, I think I'm OK. Could be better, but who couldn't? Facebook has a delightful feature where it shows you your past posts on this day a year or two years ago, etc. I tried switching it off because I knew we were coming up on a time when I really didn't want to see my posts from a year ago, but it kept switching itself back on. So I went to Options and gave it a range of dates not to show me posts from (a year ago up until Dad's death or funeral, I forget which). And that seems to work. I really don't need any reminders; distractions would be nice.
    I keep wanting to tell the siblings to come down, the weather is so nice, but a glance at weather sites says that the weather in the northeast is at least as nice. This isn't anything to complain about, but it sure is unusual this time of year. But I'm sure one day winter will come there but not here and I'll say, "OK come down now!" And they might.

No comments:

Post a Comment