Tuesday, December 15, 2015

All this purring suggests that she's not that furious

    Amelia is still in "How You Gonna Keep 'Em Down On The Farm" mode regarding the great outdoors and when I bring her in too soon, she's whiny and petulant as a terrible two-year-old. But all the purring she does the rest of the time suggests that she has a pretty good idea that she isn't being all that terribly mistreated. Frankly, just this minute the weather is so glorious that I want to be outside more eagerly than she. But I felt the need to make some cookies.
    And there was a senior moment. I completely forgot to set the timer on the cookies in the oven, nor did I much note the time when I put them in. I took them out and they neither look nor smell too burned up, but I feel an idiot and a half. Since they have to cool for ages before they're particularly taste-testable, I guess I'll just wonder. No I won't!
    OK, the first one I grabbed happened to be the one browned the most on the bottom. It didn't taste wonderful, but it tasted fine. I'm sure the rest will trend more towards wonderful. These are the Triple peanut cookies that I made once before, but again demoted them to double peanut, substituting chocolate chips for the actual peanuts because I miss Reese's peanut butter cups. They aren't very Reese-like, but people like them. And now we're going outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment