Saturday, December 12, 2015

The rebellion waxes and wanes

    About the time I think that Amelia has totally lost interest in the outside world or going out in it, she keeps me up half the night whining about going out. It appears that her primaray motivation might not be any keen interest in outside so much as being jealous that Harry gets to go out. Before the whining, she spent much of the evening out, eventually exploring the yard and winding up hiding in a huge bush right up against the house.
    Today, however, she's been sweet and my best friend again. I let her out in the afternoon (with crazy beautiful 80 degree weather). I moved my bungee chair to the front gate so she couldn't get by. And she did no exploring at all. She just hung out on the porch, looking content, and eventually moved into the doorway. So I moved the chair back and came and closed the door. And she's continued to be buddy buddy and hasn't whined a bit. Maybe I just have to let her stay out until she gets bored. Or maybe she's a cat and acts different from day to day and minute to minute. Well we'll see.
    Our excitement on the street was a house half a block up Ohio blowing up. I was listening to Casey Kasem and didn't even hear the bang. I did see all the fire trucks and ambulances, though. Turned out to be a meth lab on what used to be the second floor. You never know, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment