Sunday, December 27, 2015

Cat people

    I don't want to get in trouble with Malcolm McDowell and Nastassja Kinski (checked spelling, only missed by one letter), but actual cat people wouldn't be much like in the movie. They'd just be all about, "Is it dinner yet? Is it dinner YET? IS IT DINNER YET?!!!" Just like dog people, in fact. I never would have known this but for switching them to wet food. And to be fair it's just Harry who's so demanding. Not for nothing was he once called Starvin' Marvin.
    I finally hooked up my Goodwill receiver and speakers and... both left channels (i.e. A and B buttons) on the receiver are blown. Not totally, but unacceptably quiet and crackly. The speakers are superb, however. I set out to hit 5 or 6 Goodwills today to find another receiver. You can find untold numbers of VCRs and fax machines, large numbers of printers, and a good supply of DVD players, but receivers are rare. Of course there was a receiver at the first Goodwill I hit today. Thing is, it had an LED display that some of the lights were out on. Couldn't judge audio quality without speakers, but the burnt out lights put doubts in my mind, so I left it to fate and somebody else grabbed it before I went and got it. Ah fate. No receivers in the other two stores I visited, and time got away from me. Maybe I'll buy the Kenwood the lady on Facebook offered me. She might want more than $10, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment