Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Magic

    In some ways, it's been a magical year. This is so in spite of the mountains of tragedy contained within. Oddly, although I met wonderful people this year, what seems most magical is, well, magic. I took all these photos that didn't seem to involve me much at all. The luck of being in the right place at the right time to point and shoot, the luck of having siblings sending me camera quadcopters-- not a lot of talent is involved. IF IT EVER STOPS RAINING, the new quad should offer new horizons in cool pictures, since I'll be able to see what I'm doing while I'm doing it. I can hardly wait!
    In other news, I may have mentioned that in moments of stress, Amelia the cat goes up the chimney, worrying to me because the chimney is filthy beyond belief. Forever I've been looking for a fireplace screen. I could never find one the right size in thrifts and since she doesn't go up at all often, I couldn't raise the enthusiasm to go to a hardware store and buy a new one. Today I found one for $4. And it turned out to be exactly the right size. Victory is mine! Until she figures out she can move it easily. Remember, though, that this is the cat who can't figure out how to open a door that's already ajar. Victory is mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment